Pages

Monday 26 August 2019

Turuturu Roimata


WALT: I know the significance of tukutuku panel and why Maaori
made them.
Name of my Tukutuku panel? 

My tukutuku panel is called Turuturu-Roimata.


The meaning of the Turuturu-Roimata?


The meaning of the Turuturu-Roimata tukutuku panel is because in the
foreground of this photograph is the rock.
Turuturu/Roimata which is just off the coast from the landing place of
the Mataatua canoe. When the canoe started drifting back out to sea,
she is said “to have saved it by grabbing a paddle and crying out
“ kia whakatāne au i ahau” ( i will act like a man ). 


The meaning of my colours?


I have used this colour red and blue.
I have done the colour blue because that stand for the crying of the
tears.

And the colour red stands for tumatauenga coming out of the crying
and yelling, which is angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment